GEMS United School – Dubai Sports City (GUS), is modeled after the highly successful and sought after Dubai American Academy, the only American curriculum school in Dubai rated “outstanding” by the KHDA. At GUS, we benefit from the experience of our sister school in providing outstanding college preparatory educational program in the English language to students from around the world.
Our staff teaches and inspires excellence in academics and life-long learning skills by continually reviewing and building an enriched American curriculum, promoting student achievement, encouraging integrity and nurturing a desire to learn. Although our standards-based curriculum focuses on academic achievement, extra and co-curricular activities play an important role in the development of well-rounded students and world citizens.
GEMS United School believes that interactions outside the classroom are just as important as the ones inside as they give students opportunity to develop their emotional and social intelligence.
Our program currently runs from Pre-KG (starting at 3 years old) to Grade 12.
At GEMS United School, we believe:
– All people have unconditional worth and potential;
– Compassion and fairness promotes trust and respect and are best communicated through modeling;
– The school should cultivate imagination and instill an appreciation for learning as a joyful, lifelong pursuit;
– An atmosphere of trust enables children to question, to take risks, to collaborate, to assume responsibility for independent work and to pursue individual interests;
– Significant accomplishments can be achieved through perseverance and hard work;
– That quality education empowers the individual and expands options throughout life, and that educators, students and parents do this by building bridges of trust, communication and common goals;
– That our commitment to advocating, teaching and respecting a diverse student body from cultures throughout the world, fosters peace, justice and global understanding